Wednesday, March 18, 2009

one fish!

Yesterday we went FISHING! The lake was all frozen except about 20 feet from the shore. You can see a bit of the ice in the top left corner of this picture. It was in the low 20 degrees and freezing cold! My legs felt like they were going to fall off until Anthony went to another part and left me alone.... i felt a bite! FISH ON!

This is the fish i caught, removed the hook, and put the metal thing in its mouth all by myself. I was freaking out since Anthony wasn't there, but i did it! I caught a fish!
This is it dead. It was about 13inches. Anthony wanted me to though it back since we unfortunately didn't catch any more. Anthony was pretty sad about that plus he's been to the same lake and never caught anything before either. I just got lucky i guess. I wanted to keep it and so we brought it home and found Rocks in its stomach! But it sure tasted amazing! i love fish! My Grandpa Passey was a fisherman and i must have inherited that from him!

1 comment:

Jana said...

How exciting to catch a fish and I am so proud of you that you were able to clean it and take care of it all by yourself. I wish you could have gotten to know your Grandpa Passey. He was so kind and amazing. He would be so proud of you!