Thursday, September 10, 2009

a delightful visit with a lovely lady

Sometimes I wish time would move faster and other times I wish it would slow down. I have had a lot of time to think lately since Anthony started working till 11pm wed-fri(Anyone want to do something let me know!) and on these days I wish time would move faster. When Anthony is home I wish it would slow down and so the thought came into mind while having the most lovely dinner last night. I must say that I had the Greatest 5th Grade Teacher ever! My mom and I went to dinner with Mrs. G! Nina recently moved here and she was incredibly happy to have some friends to go to dinner with! When I first saw her I hardly recognized her because when you haven't seen a person in 10ish years it can be difficult to recognize them. I gave her a big hug and said "I'm bigger than you!" haha kind of a silly thing to say but in 5th grade your teacher is bound to be taller than you. Nina is the sweetest lady and I can't wait for the next visit to see her! She is amazing let me tell you a little about her. She has recently had two brain aneurysms and so her being alive and well is a miracle. She made me realize that we should make the most of our time and to be positive. I remember her class to be challenging and A LOT of memorizing! She is a runner and so she would make the class go running on the track every Friday and we all hated it(well maybe it was just me). She even made us go when there was ice on the ground. I remember having fun in her class and Dana moving there. Dressing up for our Christmas play and reciting our poems. She also pounded the Revolutionary War into our brains and learning the 50 states and capitals! Our dinner also made me realize I can and should be a friend to everyone! I'm grateful for Nina Goodwin and for the lovely lady she is! I had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

i am jealous... mrs. g is really one of the most influential people in my life. i learned so much from her, and i just love her! glad you got to visit with her; hope i can too someday soon.